Interested in coming to Elliot Lake and working as a physician? Book a Discovery Tour today!
This is our invitation to you to visit Elliot Lake and discover the satisfying lifestyle that lets you afford so much more.
Be our guest for a Discovery Tour, which includes:
- One free night accommodation
- Guided tour of the City and of the healthcare facilities
- Pre-arranged meetings for your spouse (if applicable)
- Time on your own to explore the beauty of Elliot Lake
- Assistance with reservations (dinner, skiing, gold, tennis, etc…)
This offer cannot be combined with other offers. To book your tour or to talk about a learning or residency placement in Elliot Lake, please contact
Phone: (705) 461-8882
Practice Family Medicine in Elliot Lake Ontario
- Fully funded community visit
- Assistance with relocation to the community
- Free housing accommodations for 1 year
- Low overhead and Professional Support Staff
- Fitness Centre & Pool Membership for 1 year
- Stone Ridge Golf Course Membership for 1 year
- Mt. Dufour Membership (downhill skiing) for 1 year
- Arena/Skating Pass for 1 year
- Eligible for the Northern and Rural Recruitment and Retention compensation of $111 800
Healthcare Facilities in Elliot Lake
The Elliot Lake Family Health Team
Our team offers a large variety of primary care services, as well as chronic disease management programs. We are dedicated to providing quality health care and are always striving to deliver the best care for our patients.
The Oaks Centre
The Oaks Centre is an accredited 52-bed drug and alcohol treatment centre, operated by St. Joseph’s General Hospital. It is comprised of two services: Oaks Withdrawal management Services, and Camillus Centre Residential Treatment Programs. Both the Detox and Camillus receive professional support from a Certified Medical Addiction Specialist.
- 12-bed crisis, detoxification and stabilization unit
- 40-bed chemical dependency residential treatment facility
St. Joseph’s General Hospital
The 54-bed community hospital serves a catchent area of 14 000 people and includes:
- 24-hour emergency department
- 6-bed ICU, including virtual critical care
- 2 operating theatres
- Satellite renal dialysis unit
- Satellite chemotherapy unit
- Full range laboratory
- Radiology department with x-ray, ultrasound, ECHO and bone density modalities
- Ontario Telemedicine Network Studio
Visiting Specialists include:
St. Joseph’s Manor
St. Joseph’s Manor is an accredited 64-bed Long Term Care Facility that opened its doors in 2002. There are two floors, home to 32 residents each. There are two veteran priority beds. St. Joseph’s Manor strives to provide a home-like environment for individuals whose daily care requirements are too extensive to be met in other care environments. We support residents to be active and independent in our community.