Organization Name: Elliot Lake Family Health Team (ELFHT)
Position: Registered Nurse
FTE Type: Leave Replacement 1.0 FTE
Address: 31 Nova Scotia Walk, Elliot Lake, Ontario, P5A 1Y9
Closing Date: Open until position is filled.
The ELFHT provides high quality enhanced primary health care while maintaining strong doctor-patient relationships. The ELFHT consists of physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses and other interdisciplinary health care professionals, and administers working collaboratively to provide care to 10,000 patients. The Registered Nurse (RN) provides high quality primary care to patients while also being responsible for program planning, implementation and assessment.
· Assessment, screening, education and support to assist patients to achieve and maintain optimal levels of health
· Co-responsible for the development, implementation, management and assessment of systems navigation, palliative care, diabetes and smoking cessation programs.
· Provides direct patient care within the RN scope of practice using the ELFHT Medical Directives.
· Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing
· Current unrestricted registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
· At least three (3) years clinical experience (primary care experience an asset)
· Experience working with both individuals and groups, both independently and as part of a team
· Training and experience in systems navigation, palliative care, diabetes, smoking cessation and EMR will be considered an asset
· Fluency in both English and French language will be considered an asset
Professional/Education/ Experience Preferred
· Strong clinical skills
· Excellent oral and written skills
· Competency in computer-based programs (Microsoft Programs – Word and Excel)
· Ability to work effectively with all members of the health care team
· Ability to work in an inter-professional team environment
· Ability to prioritize, manage time efficiently and be flexible in a very active work environment
Please submit your covering letter and resume to:
Elliot Lake Family Health Team
31 Nova Scotia Walk
Elliot Lake, Ontario, P5A 1Y9
Attention: Ms. N. Ewen